CTT Agenda for LRC pre-session
(Note breakout groups to choose in afternoon agenda)
Sunday August 12: Invitation to have supper together at Barrel 44 (6:00 to 8:00 PM).
Monday August 13. Invitation for breakfast at Casi’s (7:30 to 9:00 AM).
1. 10:30 to 11:30: Pre-planning session: Planning Committee (open to all)
2. 11:45 to 12:45: Lunch: Introductions around the room
3. 1:00 to 1:45: Plenary Pre-session with college/university and seminary representatives.
4. Breakout groups.
1:45 to 3:00 Breakout group for college and university representatives with James Martin-Schramm.
1:45 to 3:00 Session for seminary representatives
· 1:45 to 2:10. Brief plenary Presentations by a few representative folks: Vision and Future for Lutheran Seminaries. Feedback and brief conversation
· 2:10 to 2:15 Instructions for breakout groups.
· 2:15 to 3:00 Four Breakout groups: Brainstorming what can be done and how it can be done.
1. Academic: Curriculum, course development, field work.
Facilitator (Cynthia) Note taker (Gil)
2. Community life: Worship, spiritual formation, conferences/lectures, sustainable facilities and operations.
Facilitator (Jim?) Note taker (Jim?)
3. Collaboration goals among seminaries. Long term goals, organization, networking, website, challenge to the ELCA seminaries.
Facilitator (John) Note taker (??)
4. Long term goals: Impact on Earth and society, Influence on ELCA, candidacy, larger impact on eco-justice in ELCA.
Facilitator (Lisa) Note taker (Barbara)
Break: 3:00 to 3:15
5. 3:15 to 4:00: Reports and next steps for colleges/universities and seminaries
6. 4:00 to 4:45: Post-Planning Session for seminaries: Meeting of planning group to chart next steps, time lines, organization, leadership, goals. (Lisa, Barbara, Cynthia, Jim, John, Gil, others are invited)