Projects and programs of the Eco-Reformation Working Group
1. An open letter to Bishop Eaton with a copy to all ELCA bishops (Sent November, 2014). Letter is posted on the LRC website. Follow up in synods and seminaries.
2. Statement promoting ecological justice for ongoing reformation: Preparation of statement urging eco-justice in the ongoing reformation of the ELCA. Cynthia Moe-Lobeda, Lisa Dahill, Paul Santmire, Richard Perry, Barbara Rossing, Jim Martin-Schramm, Larry Rasmussen, Nick Utphall.
3. Book Publication. Eco-Reformation: Grace and Hope for a Planet in Peril, edited by Jim Martin-Schramm and Lisa Dahill (Wipf and Stock Press).
4. Study guides for Congregations (Wipf and Stock)
6. Promotion of Speakers and Events. Development of a Speaker Bureau.
7. Development and gathering of resources for eco-justice reformation. http://www.lutheransrestoringcreation.org/500th-anniversary-of-the-reformation.
8. Promotion on social media: ELCA 500 website (www.ELCA500.org) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/elca500). And LRC Facebook site (link at bottom of LRC home page): Leah Schade, Rob Saler, Nick Utphall.
9. Public Advocacy Initiatives. Aana Vigen, Jim Martin Schramm, Barbara Rossing, Mary Minette, Amy Reumann.
10. Worship resources for 500th anniversary events: Nick Utphall, Leah Schade, Ben Stewart.
11. Eco-Justice Preach-in for Reformation Sunday [2015, 2016, 2017]. LRC, Dave Rhoads, Nick Utphall, Paul Santmire. http://www.lutheransrestoringcreation.org/the-lrc-reformation-day-preaching-challenge.
12. Synod resolutions. Developing templates that synods can adapt. Gathering past synod resolutions related to eco-justice. Go to http://www.lutheransrestoringcreation.org/synod-and-church-wide-resolutions.
13. Tree-planting project: Barbara Rossing, Lisa Dahill; Dennis Ormseth.
14. Collection of Luther quotations and secondary literature on Luther and care for creation. Paul Santmire, Nick Utphall, and others.
15. ELCA institutions: LRC will work with synods, seminaries, colleges, camps, and other organizations to determine how they might foster this agenda for the observance of the 500th anniversary. www.lutheransrestoringcreation.org.